Thursday, June 18, 2009

Gundream

Last night I dreamt I was demonstrating the latest state of the art gun, presumably for some military types. Killed a couple soldiers by shooting right through some stuff. Then I came up for the mop-up, and there were two mattresses, which I sprayed down with gasoline from the gun.
*
I then attempted to set them on fire with a bullet. First one didn't work and the second missed entirely and punctured a house on the street where I grew up.
*
Lights went up and a woman's voice started wailing. I went guerrilla, crawling through bushes. I made my way to the Corbin's Corner back parking lot which runs behind my childhood home.
*
There I found a pile of garbage, including brightly colored neon paisley Miley Cyrus purses, still in their boxes. I figured they might be collectibles, or that one of my neices would love this. Then I saw a Burger King store display festooned with small dribs and drabs of silly putty.
*
I had to have the silly putty. The dream ends with me peeling little globs of putty off the display, the dead kid and war forgotten.
*
The important thing is that I didn't wet the bed.
--Dan Kilian
------------------------------------------- Violent Dream
------------------------------------------- Sandwiches and Yellowjackets

No comments:

Post a Comment