Tuesday, April 27, 2010

State of The National

I just read an article about The National in the Times magazine.  As I wrapped it up they came up on NPR as guests on Soundcheck, performing live.

Knowing myself, I figured that I would have a negative predisposition toward their music.  But I was in a tolerant mood so I figured I'd give it a good listen, perhaps giving some undue significance to the coincidence of their appearing in two media streams at once.

After a few minutes I realized that I was listening quite intently.  But not out of interest for this mewling dreck.  I was listening for the sound of their skins hitting the stage,  their flesh sloughed off by the inhabiting members of Thin Lizzy taking bodily possession of them and erupting out of their chests, seizing their instruments and teaching the audience what rock and roll is for.

FUCK THE NATIONAL.

--Steve Kilian

Listening to Sunn O)))


Why I Listen to Monster Magnet

1 comment: