Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bless Me

The unnecessary ecstasy of a sudden sneeze

Propels me backward in my rolling chair

Downstream through time -- my pleasure’s messes

I leave before me in the future

*

I rocket into the past and out

Through the wall through the ceiling, the clouds in the sky

Peering down from the wheel, the amusement park

Looks fake, a child’s construction set

*

Backward! Faster! Physics be damned!

Through space I see the Earth below

And tail-lights on the cars ahead

Playing the story game, drowsy on Dramamine

*

Are we almost there? I fly on further

Earlier and earlier curiouser and curiouser

A baby is born, a smack and some wetness

Life erupts like a sudden sneeze

*

--Dan Kilian

Sawsquash


Six Song Selection: Radio Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment