Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer


We drove out to the reservoir with a 12-pack of rapidly warming Busch, hoping we'd get there in time.  If the girls were still there we'd give them beers and try to convince them to strip to their underwear and go swimming with us.  Megan wore a bikini top most of the time anyway so she'd be up for it.  But Megan was for Rick, as he'd made abundantly clear over the past three and a half years with nothing to show for it.  I preferred Dana, so that was fine with me.


I hoped that she'd be over last summer's thing with Brian.  I could still see her lolling in the shallows, guarding a thick egg-mass while Brian swam back and forth, clouding the water with his milt.  I cracked a beer and crossed my fingers.

--Steve Kilian
Post-Season

The House of Wrongs




No comments:

Post a Comment